Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A flower

We had ugly days at the beginning of the week so I worked with flowers...

I bought this plant at the beginning of spring. They gave me beautiful pictures and decorated my garden the whole summer.. They are still blooming but the flowers are getting smaller... They will go to sleep, and bloom again next year, I hope. This is just to remember them during winter time...

To remember....

[Image: DSC_1353-01toremember.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like the tones you are coming up with Irma. Very nice soft image. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Oh my, that is pretty!

I

Thanks Colin and Mitch for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

irma

woow i really like it.

thanks for sharing

christian

Very lovely treatment of this image.

Great tones and texture here, I like it.

Thanks for your comments... I am so happy you like it Smile

Paul Cezanne

Very Nice.
If it was I, And I knew how to use my Photoshop Software id be Hard pressed to improve on that. Thou 'Burning in' the corners could give a Balance and a border to the whole image. Giving the flower Greater impact. But Im picky(ever more so on myself)

But over-all it looks fantastic.

Oooops, Sorry I didnt realise that this Thread was 'JUST' for Members to View.

Not to add Critic!

My Apols Irma.

Again, It really is a Beautiful Image.

Hi Dan,

Any critique or advice to improve my pictures it is always very welcome. Thanks for your comment... I post my pictures mainly in the critique forum, but I think I posted this one here because I had another picture in the critique forum and I didn't want to spam that section Wink

My picture was inspired by a picture I saw where the flower was exactly as you comment.. As if the flower was emerging from the dark background... the symmetry in the picture looked so natural... fantastic light on the flower and b/w conversion...

The problem I encountered, and that was why I couldn't follow the idea, was that I couldn't get the light on the flower evenly... so I took advantage of what I had... and worked the edge of the flower following the shadow I had on it, and reveal the edge of the petals only in the lit part... Still, I have that picture in mind, but to get it evenly lit I would need some lamps (which are on top of my list of wishes for Christmas Smile)

Thanks again for your comment... I appreciate it very much... Smile

Irma.

Paul Cezanne

Would've it been possible for you to assemble a Reusable softbox for using the Natural light? Maybe Bounce boards to throw some light back into your Subjects?
I think the Tones from Highlight to Shadow works for the image (Petals).

Im looking forward to seeing more of your work, If this is whats available Big Grin

Dan.

I normally work with tin paper to lit the shady parts, and when the light is a bit poor I use a big mirror as well...

I think I should tell you that I am beginner... I started taking pictures just one year ago. I don't have any formal studies in photography... and my pictures show more my feelings in most of the cases, than applying rules and techniques apropiately... Hope you don't get disappointed...

I had already planned to update my website with some new pictures I got this autumn, I will give you the link when it is ready....

Thanks Smile

Paul Cezanne

KustomCandy Wrote:Oooops, Sorry I didnt realise that this Thread was 'JUST' for Members to View.

Not to add Critic!

Not to worry Dan - there is a lot of overlap between the 2 categories, and lots of people offer suggestions for improvment in Showcase - the critique tends not to be very hard hitting though unless the photo is in the Critiques section.

SWelcome to ST, BTW...

Thanks Toad, I'll keep that in mind.

For one year of Practice Irma you show a great deal of potential.

Dan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post